A place for creativity in relationships, the kitchen, the gym, the home, the garden and, ultimately, in life.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Learn at Least One Thing New...

Each day that my brother, sister and I started off for school, our dad would say these magic words: "Learn at least one thing new..." and we would finish it off for him with a slightly exasperated "...and make good choices." At the time I don't think I understood how powerful a mantra my dad was drilling into me. Now, more than a decade since I last heard this refrain, I'm ready to revive it. While I've been busy building a career and chipping away at licensure requirements, I've lost a bit of my sense of purpose, and I'm ready for a creative outlet. I'm on a mission to bring back the passion into my daily life and live out my dad's incantation. Today I will learn at least one thing new and make good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment