A place for creativity in relationships, the kitchen, the gym, the home, the garden and, ultimately, in life.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Old School Workout Fun

This was a fabulous (fabulously hard) week of WODs (Workout of the Day), including an old school gym free-for-all with Crystal that involved rope climbs, tire flips and wheelbarrows. We got to play like kids, and I felt pretty strong wheelbarrow-ing a big guy across the dirty gym floor.

Rope climbs, while impressive for elite athletes, were more a source of laughter than strength-training for me this time, but I'll keep plugging away at them.  Who knew the stuff we did with ease as kids could be so hard for grown-ups?  Maybe I can even do this some day:



In no particular order, this week's WODs also included 50 deadlifts at 95#, a couple hundred situps, 100 burpees, farmer carries, rowing, kettlebell cleans and running. Whew.  To top it all off, a couple of my Therapy Bootcamp ladies gathered for an impromptu office party with a little Sit and Be Fit action.  In case you're wondering, yes, we really did this. And yes, the rest of our office thinks we're a little bit crazy, which is a relative term when you work in mental health.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! So cute! Way, way, WAY back in the day, when I taught aerobics, my favorite classes were with seniors. We did chair aerobics together, and while they moved, the gossiped and laughed. It was such a gift to spend time with these women in the 70s and 80s, and to see the still vibrant lives they lead, even if their bodies weren't totally able to keep up with the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, what a fantastic job to have! I love, love that you taught senior aerobics and I bet all those ladies adored you.

    ReplyDelete